I Will Do Better Next Time

I Will Do Better Next Time
#gentle be gentle to yourself        be gentle to yourselfA few days ago, I wrote about how the quest for perfection can stifle our ability to learn new things. If we fail the first time we do something, how likely are you to keep trying new things until you either become so focused on it that nothing else matters, or you give up out of frustration? The lure of perfection can be quite consuming.

If we put the idea of perfection out of our realm of consciousness, we can then start to focus on how you can improve upon the last result. Then continue to improve until the desired outcome is obtained. Doing better the next time almost puts the gears in your head into motion, thinking about ways to improve your outcome of a specific task.

funny inspirational quotes with images
However, if we keep thinking about how we can improve the next time we encounter a situation, we risk the potential to revert back to how we handled it the last time. If we keep thinking that we always have a next time, we may eventually run out of time. Tomorrow is not promised, but if we live in a way that we ignore the future, we set ourselves up for disappointment.


One way I have implemented this view is with my holiday cards. I had begun making a batch of Halloween cards at the beginning of October. I had thought about starting my hobby of DIY cards back up again, as I had to put it on the backburner due to some health concerns and issues. I know that I struggle with pacing activities. Perhaps that is one of my last holdups to my life prior to my body going haywire? Who knows, but it is something that I continue to work on mastering. See, not perfecting, but mastering.


I fell short of my Halloween cards, but was determined to take what I learned from the previous attempt at getting the cards done and in the mail before the holiday actually came. I tend to want to overcomplicate things that I create, which can get even more spun out of control when I open up my ideas to others, who, in turn, provide me with feedback. While this is helpful, some outside ideas tend to further complicate things, as then I feel like my ideas are no good and I will need to scrap it and start over from new.


So, what am I trying to say? Personal improvement is a constant project, one that can be cast aside if we are not careful. Don’t be scared of falling short of perfection, but keep in mind a few things that you can do to improve your ability to perform a task the next time it crosses your path. Oh, and that my winter holiday cards are halfway done! There is hope that they will make it to their intended destination by the actual holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find Your Voice

I Am Deeply Loved by the Gods and Goddesses

It's Okay to Need Meds