Saturday Simplicity

Sometimes the simple option is the best, and other times, well, you kick yourself for not taking the other options before finding yourself in a jar of pickled pigs feet somehow. My face felt like it was running a risk of ending up with those poor trotters, as the skin on my eyelids, under my brow bone and the outside corners of my eyes was determined to fall off. It would be red and flakey, like biscuits covered with ketchup. Just as tasty too.

I tried a variety of things to encourage my skin to stay, you know, where it belongs. I don’t wear makeup, so it wasn’t a new product. I tried cleaning my face with a cucumber witch hazel product, followed by 100% aloe, even neosporin and anti-itch stuff. Nothing was helping and I know that my doctor couldn’t do anything soon because it would have to be a tele-health appointment with the VA in ABQ. Then if a cream was needed, it would be mailed from ABQ to my home, with the whole process taking up to a month.



I eventually ran out of the cucumber witch hazel stuff and was on the prowl for one that wouldn’t make me shed more than a snake during molting season. I am frugal, so most of my stuff comes from places like Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshall’s when it comes to consumables. Everything else comes mainly from thrift stores. Anyway, I stumbled upon this coconut oil micellar water by a company I was familiar with and knew was cruelty-free, with the latter being a major quality I look for in products. This shiznit is awesome. Simple and awesome. It doesn’t leave my skin oily, which was a concern. We also use their shampoo and conditioner. Shea Moisture is the bomb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find Your Voice

I Am Deeply Loved by the Gods and Goddesses

It's Okay to Need Meds