Every Mistake is a Learning Experience

Every Mistake is a Learning Experience
Art Print: Bather and Voyeur : 24x16inThink about someone in your life or circle of friends who seems to have an overwhelming amount of luck. It may appear like they everything just goes their way. However, if you were to watch them throughout the process of pursuing a goal and achieving it, aside from it being really weird and voyeuristic, you would see that it most likely took several stumbles and failures before finally arriving at the determined goal.

If we were to have everything in our lives go the way we wanted, would we be happy? Perhaps, but our goals may be even loftier if we had made a few mistakes along the way. Why? Because each mistake that we make is an opportunity to learn something new. I have made probably a million mistakes over the course of my 42 years and I still make mistakes. I used to be embarrassed when I made an error in something and in school, I placed so much pressure on myself to do everything I could to refrain from making a mistake. The stress of placing the focus on perfection can prevent us from fully enjoying this thing we call life.

Your mistakes don't define your character. It's what you choose to do after you have made the mistake that makes all the difference.While I am not saying that we all should set out to make as many mistakes as possible, if we become blinded by our drive for perfection, we will pass up some very valuable learning opportunities. Also, it is nearly impossible to live your life without making a mistake. Loosen up your reins on perfection, allowing the chaos of errors and mistakes to intertwine, sharing knowledge gained from previous attempts, combine to make us better informed individuals.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find Your Voice

I Am Deeply Loved by the Gods and Goddesses

It's Okay to Need Meds