This Can't be My Karma

Sometimes, life seems like one thing after another. I realize that that is precisely what life is: one second, one hour, one day, one year, one decade...after another, but when the events that are hurled at you seem insurmountable, what else is there to do but say fuck it? Well, this year has felt like I am getting the karma intended for someone who stole my identity, only to conduct nefarious deeds.

Train on Construction Site

Over the past two years, I know that good and happy events have happened in our lives, but the challenges we have faced have been, well, quite challenging.

  • We moved into a place that used to be a meth lab that wasn’t remediated correctly (or at all) and was already inhabited by invisible forces, 
  • I was denied SSDI for my disabilities, 
  • I have been unable to work on a regular basis, 
  • Repeated visits to doctors out of state, 
  • A few visits to the emergency room, 
  • One of our cars had a mystery issue that ultimately resolved (after the new battery didn’t do much for it),
  • The battery in our other car went dead, 
  • I got an infection in my ear that spread to the side of my face, 
  • A large piece of debris flew and hit the windshield as I was driving at highway speeds (which ended up not being covered by my insurance, which I found out only after spending over an hour on hold), 
  • The washing machine has a hard time staying put,
  •  Our dryer turns, but won’t heat,
  • And our eldest dog had a severe reaction to a supplement and is experiencing a decreased quality of life as a result.

Most of these have taken place since the beginning of 2019, which makes it even more challenging, as we don’t get a chance to recover before we are bombarded with another important issue that we can’t ignore. However, looking for the good things can help us as we address these issues. But, sometimes, it seems to be overwhelming and hard to see glimmers of hope and goodness that are sprinkled throughout our lives.

So, what is there to do?

Put our intentions out into the world and manifest the shit out of them.

Brown Sheep Plush Toy Near Tumbler

Some of our goals that we have been actively pursuing include things that we still need to research, but research is in my blood. Literally. I am a genetic mutant and should be in a laboratory, but not in the way my educational pursuits were intended.

So, forward we must go. Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find Your Voice

I Am Deeply Loved by the Gods and Goddesses

It's Okay to Need Meds