Friday Lie-day: Two Truths and a Lie

Silhouette of Woman Reaching the MoonTo say that I have lived an interesting life in my 42 years would be a bit of an understatement. From graduating high school at age 16, earning my AA degree at 18, then spending 12 years in the military on active duty, followed by my BS and MS degrees, then to be hit with a handful of debilitating illnesses. I’ve seen a lot. I’ve heard a lot. I’ve been through some shit. All of that goes into who I am at any given moment.

Our past most certainly influences our experience of the world around us. That’s what makes life interesting, as no two people have had the same experience of life. The diverse views held by society requires us to be more open minded than some are comfortable with, which can lead to the minds being closed. If we nurture compassion, empathy, and understanding, society as a whole may improve. Let’s put the human back into humanity.

Okay, I’ll step off my soapbox now and get to today’s post. This game can be challenging, especially when you feel like you have lived so many lives. Now, without further delay, let’s see if you can determine which statements are true and which one is false!

#1: When I was a kid, probably around seven years old, I tried to smuggle a neighborhood cat into our house, hidden inside a pillowcase. When my mom stopped me to ask what’s in the pillowcase, I told her that there were bottle caps in the pillowcase.

#2: In my early 20s, I got shocked from an electrical outlet which then caught on fire.

#3: While overseas in Morocco, I was almost traded for a camel.


Brown Camel
So, which ones do you think are true? Which one is a lie? What’s the weirdest thing that has happened in your life that many would think is your lie in the Two Truths and a Lie game?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find Your Voice

I Am Deeply Loved by the Gods and Goddesses

It's Okay to Need Meds