Three Things Thursday: Tips to Make Life Easier

Making life easier is my jam as of late. Not that I want to be lazy and rely on hacks, but rather my energy is often limited by how many spoons I have to do my daily tasks. If I can make my life easier and still be able to do some of the things I want to do, I’m about that life.
Here are three things that make my life easier:


  • Using a file folder holder to organize cutting boards
  • Meal prepping for the week
  • Being green and clean with reusable/washable sponges and rags

We are a mixed household, in that there are meat eaters and a vegan living under the same roof. Cross contamination is a big risk, be it gluten or animal products, so to make my life easier, we have a variety of cutting boards. They can take up a lot of space or be difficult to organize. However, using an upright file folder holder has been my savior! This way, I can easily grab the cutting board that suits my needs for what I am making. Now, that’s what I call an organization lifehack that is worth my time!

There are times where my energy just isn’t much more than a sloth who has taken ambien. The fatigue can be so debilitating. I know that healthy food can make me feel better, but it can be time and energy consuming too. We typically plan six different meals for the week, often with planned leftovers. If I need a chopped onion for a meal during the week, I will dice up a few and then have plenty to use throughout the week. Garlic, onions, mushrooms, and spinach is one of my favorite combos!

The last tip I have also helps to cut down on cross contamination in the kitchen. A few years ago, we picked up some machine washable kitchen sponges and white washcloths. We have enough to use fresh sponges and rags for a whole week, so at the end of the night, after the dishes are washed, I wipe down the kitchen counters and stove top with Sal Suds and a rag, then toss the rag and sponge in the dirty clothes to be washed with the next load of laundry. Clean AND green!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find Your Voice

I Am Deeply Loved by the Gods and Goddesses

It's Okay to Need Meds