Simplicity Saturday: Coffee is Life

Coffee. That warm liquid that gives many of us life. There seem to be just as many different ways to make coffee as there are roasts of the bean. You can go with the old traditional drip method, or the single use pods that are pierced by magicians living in the machine. I was a drip girl for most of my life. I came from a family of drips. There was an occasional percolator while camping, but for the most part, it was drip coffee. The science and mechanisms of use were rather straightforward, which is a good thing, because complex procedures prior to coffee would not bode well.



About 10 years ago, I switched from the tried and true drip method, in favor of the even MORE simple method of using a French press. I use an electric tea kettle that is close to 10 years old and it’s still going strong! We use the kettle at least twice a day, one for my morning coffee, then for our evening tea. It boils rather quickly too, so the part of the process that is the most time consuming is the steeping process.

I typically go for a light roast, but my uncle will often send me some beans he freshly roasts during the winter that are more on the dark side. Both hold a place in my heart. I know that whole beans are often touted as the best to buy, but there are times where the additional step just seems to take too much out of me. Know where you want to spend your spoons. I like to save mine for things other than grinding beans.

White Ceramic Mug Filled With Brown Liquid on Heart-shaped Coffee Beans

I love the simplicity of it all. It is a routine that I have developed over the years and one that I enjoy. I am not a coffee purist, but that is alright if you are though. There are so many different types of coffees, methods of preparation, and additions that are complementary to the taste profile of each person. Drink what you like. Love who you love.

How do you take your coffee? Do you have a preferred method of brew? What are your thoughts on the big coffee chains?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Find Your Voice

I Am Deeply Loved by the Gods and Goddesses

It's Okay to Need Meds